Are you committed to excellent home health care?
If so, we want to meet you
Elizabeth hires only top-notch caregivers. After we review your application and determine you may be a good match, we’ll contact you to set an appointment for an in-depth interview.
To begin the application process, please complete this application form.
Our 9-step hiring process ensures quality caregivers
- Pre-qualification – We screen all potential candidates on the telephone to determine their experience level, credentials, and licensing, and we discuss their reasons for seeking employment with Elizabeth Care. We schedule qualified candidates for a 2-hour appointment for a preliminary interview and initial testing.
- Application – Candidates must complete our detailed application. This allows us to carefully review past employment, education, professional and personal references, and state license documents.
- Competency testing – Candidates must pass our 1-hour Professional Competenty written exam, created exclusively for Elizabeth Care. Unique in the home health care industry, this exam tests a variety of professional caregiving, intellectual, and language skills. Most candidates fail to meet our competency standards and are screened out of our hiring process at this point.
- In-depth 2-hour interview – Our recruiters conduct in-depth interviews with candidates to assess their reasons for becoming and remaining professional caregivers. We delve into their past work experience to identify skills learned, accomplishments met, and overall career goals. We learn a great deal about each candidate during this in-depth interview.
- Behavior-based interview scenarios – Next, we present candidates with a variety of real-life scenarios and, based on their prior experience, ask them to discuss how they have handled such situations. Unique in the home health care industry, these interview scenarios help us determine candidates’ motivation, willingness and ability to learn new skills, an their work, educational, and life goals. Through this process, we can distinguish between candidates who are simply looking for work and those who have a passion for elder care and understand how to deal with clients’ frailties with compassion.
- Skills laboratory exam – Successful candidates return for a 4-hour Hands-On Skills Lab. Here, an experienced manager individually tests candidates in actual, physical demonstrations of their professional skills in senior care: ambulation, body mechanics, physical care, and more. Included in this process is another level of interviewing by the nurse to reaffirm issues or characteristics revealed in earlier steps of the screening process.
- Documentation procedures – Immediately following the skills lab, candidates receive training on proper charting. This important topic is communicated through training and testing to ensure all caregivers understand proper and legal documentation procedures. Since each client requires individualized care, following and charting a specific care plan is essential to job performance and to our clients’ comfort and happiness.
- Background investigation – After successfully completing this entire process – and if Elizabeth Care team members unanimously concur – we ask our private investigation firm to conduct extensive reference checking and a criminal background investigation. This in-depth process reveals any criminal history in the past 10 years, nationwide.
- Orientation – Caregivers who successfully pass our stringent interviewing, testing, and background investigation are welcomed to Elizabeth Care with a complete orientation. At this point, we are thoroughly confident in our caregivers’ skills and abilities, and we begin looking for the right client match.